Sunday 7 December 2014

The blogging balloon remains afloat

Seven weeks ago I embarked on a new phase in my Life, training to be a teacher. The first module was the planning, researching and constructing of this blog you have kindly followed and read. Let me tell you, I wanted to escape the world of technology but there I was embracing it with forced outstretched arms, even if those arms were being held by Mandy. Looking back, I am so glad Mandy held those arms, as i developed a new skill, with the immense fear of technology a distant memory.

This journey has not been easy, exposure to websites, applications, jargon and terminology at times left doubt as to whether I was learning a new language. I find myself conversing with people, dropping 'techno jargon' into the mix - really! even my children stand aghast as I enter the technology world.

I reflect on the contents of my blog, (first ever blog), stealing doubt that I wrote it, when seven weeks ago I didn't even know what a blog was. I have developed but still have a long way to go, but for someone who doesn't even contribute to social media this is advancement in itself.

Im glad to say I am converted into this world, continuing to learn and develop ICT skills. Adapting and incorporating into classroom sessions will certainly be on the agenda, along with investing in a smartphone (maybe).

 A ballon will stay afloat if its maintained and only fall if it's deflated.

 If I can do this, anyone can.




No comments:

Post a Comment