Wednesday 22 October 2014

This is me.

Wow! am I scared. Just enrolled to train to be a teacher. Moving with the technology times, to keep up with the next generation. My children wizz through computer 'things' as if it is second nature, I am so so ashamed, I need to catch up.

Here goes:

Away from the technology world, I am mid 40's, married with two children, 3 dogs, 5 cats, 1 guinea pig, 2 pet pigs, 3 geese, 10 ducks, 6 chickens and an elderly father.

I have spent the last twenty six years in the Nhs practising as a Nurse. My last job was a district sister in a large diverse town. The town had very differing health and educational needs. Having to deliver health care to a population that may not have embraced the education system to the full became a challenge of it's own. Communication and the ability to adapt information that allowed the recipient to achieve the desired outcome became quite a challenge. However, over the years this became a great passion of mine to which I wanted to expand further.

This year, life threw many challenges and life changing situations at me which made me re-evaluate my future. Having the opportunity over the years to expand my knowledge and skills through education, I decided to become the educator. Hence, leaving my current post to become a student teacher.

Life changing or what??

No comments:

Post a Comment