Monday 24 November 2014

Kids demands or education

Was meant to really get to grips with the blogging world this weekend, however the demands of our beloved children always seems to come first. The plea's (from me) that I have to blog falls on deaf ears!!! Kids!!!!
As any dutiful parent I ferried my daughter to meet her friends in the very noisy busy http://www.swanseachristmas.com/waterfront-winterland. I safely handed her to another dutiful but willing parent, returning in two hours to collect a very excited, hyper child who wanted to tell me all about her experience.
I strolled around swansea in the pre xmas hustle and bustle. I felt myself swaying along with the rush when it dawned on me how much technology is around us and how a simple stroll can actually educate you along the way.People using mobile technology on the go, I was amazed surfing the 'net' whilst walking - amazing, I can just about talk while walking! Shops promoting on-line shopping, customer service via Facebook. Even signs stating percentages off items, you work out the cost. It's only when you stop and think do you realise and appreciate that we learn everyday.

I collected my daughter, who yes was talking as if she only had two minutes to tell me all about her afternoon, when I realised how much she had learnt in those two hours. Children absorb so much more than us, without consciously doing it or making a fuss, they embrace every new adventure and learn. So I am taking a leaf out of my daughters book and embracing the world of technology.

So before you dismiss a simple trip out, think of it as a new experience and absorb all the new information.


No comments:

Post a Comment