Tuesday 25 November 2014

Microsoft and me

The word Microsoft is known worldwide. The term is all around us, in education, in healthcare, in industry, retail,entertainment, business and banking to name but a few; but do we all know exactly what it is?

To be truthful, I don't have a full appreciation for it's capabilities and worth, but that is ignorance on my part. When I attended secondary school computers were not part of my education, unlike today.

My experiences of Microsoft are word , office, execl and powerpoint. microsoft - official homepage. It's shameful to say but I have not really embraced the world of technology until joining the pcet course. Being inspired by Mandy our lecturer and fellow peers , this was an avenue I needed to explore.

Microsoft applications I used in the workplace were for writing reports, letters, emails and patient details on spreadsheets. I basically taught myself, learning from error. However, sadly the It system were I worked was not very reliable, which increased my frustration with IT!

On a personal level, I only used word for assignment writing. Exploring word I discovered it's uses' such as font, italics etc, but again only learning from my errors.


No comments:

Post a Comment