Monday 17 November 2014

Technology, blogging and me in education - Good, bad or indifferent ?


Half term week. The fear still persists about the 'Blog'. This is really worrying me. Read some information on the  internet and discovered people actually make a living and career out of blogging, HOW,HOW,HOW ???

I really need to do a lot of background reading on the pro's and con's of blogging and its use in teaching and learning. I think it's going to be hard to convert me to blogging, at this stage it's unlikely!! I decided to do some reading on the basics of technology and its place in education. It's a mine - field out there.

I spoke to my children on their opinions of technology, the resounding answer  " what would we do without it". At first this alarmed me to think my children were dependent on computers, internet etc, I didn't need it at their age! So what's changed?  THE WORLD!

 Technology is advancing, the benefits of ICT is global, we can't ignore it, we move with it. From a young age children are exposed to ICT whether it be electronic reading devices to computer games. The Rapid acceleration in the development of computer games and the investment in ICT in schools ensures that children are proficient in its use and are up to date with new developments (Cuthell 2006).

Embracing Cuthell (2006) words I decided to attack the world of technology, put the fear behind me and face the future, otherwise how can I facilitate learning when I can't  even use a smart board.






Cuthell, J.,(2006) Computers in the school; Technology and Teacher Education. Vol. 23 Issue 1/2, p99-110,12p

No comments:

Post a Comment